Doing the Lord's work. Day 1

Monday, July 30, 2012
I am fortunate this week to be working on a fun commercial project in beautiful Thonotosassa, FL. It's a bit of a trek to get there but I don't mind. I'm painting the Risen Christ for a newly built church. Apparently the building project has been quite arduous and now that they are in the final stages I'm happy to be putting the icing on the cake.

Two other artists were assigned for different sections of the church, specifically the dome ceilings. I think I lost the earlier bid because of my pricing but I am happy to be painting the part I am. I spent Sunday getting the image drawn up there. It's pretty high up. Today was the first day of painting.


Not too bad for one day's progress. Tomorrow I plan on working late so I'm sure I'll get a lot more done. At this point in this Jesus Christ mural I've put in the broad strokes and blocked in some of the major values. The finished design has beams of holy light radiating from the halo. Out of all the pictures we found for models I liked this one the best. We made a few changes to personalize it but in essence it's the same design. I'm excited to see tomorrow's progress. Wish me luck. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram