This Job is For the Birds.....

Sunday, September 16, 2012
This was a fun project from a few months back. One of my clients absolutely LOVES birds and spends her days taking beautiful pictures of Florida sea birds. Her work is amazing. She is always brimming over with passion for the coastal creatures and knows most of their habits intimately. 

Not being nearly as knowledgeable on the topic of Florida birds as she, I was a bit nervous to undertake the mural she had commissioned me to do in her bedroom. It was to be of a rookery loaded scenes of local birds and their mating rituals. Fortunately for me she was very forthcoming in the details she wanted and even provided me with several great reference pictures.

The hardest part actually was rendering the subtle details on a fairly textured wall. I tried my best but it was like trying to paint on a gravel road! It can be very frustrating to say the least. In the end, however, all was well. My client glowed with praise and happiness when all was said and done.   Good times ;-) 
BEFORE
AFTER
Ta Da!

Bird Island! 
As a bonus I got to see some gentle giants up close during my lunch break. Look at these guys! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram