Just Go For IT!!

Thursday, February 21, 2019
Wolfy in Progress....

It's funny, I've been ruminating on so many possible futures lately. I'm in a bit of a transitional period in many ways. My girlfriend and I recently made the move from St Petersburg, Florida to Asheville, North Carolina. It was a pilgrimage in many ways to a climate more suitable for both of us. I was raised in the mountainous terrain so it feels great to be back home where there are rocks, hills and...gasp....actual seasons! 

A big change for me has been letting go of my 20+ year decorative painting career so that I can pursue art closer to my heart. It's been a scary proposition in many ways but I feel confident I'll find my way to the next level. It's hard to let go of work that I've been so proud to have done but it's time to move on to bigger and better things. 

One heartening omen lately has been that I've scored my first art licensing deal. It's been a goal of mine for many years and it's tremendously validating to finally break the seal on that part of my career. 

Another fun sign has been stumbling on my friend's recent picture of his puppy. I decided to paint it as it just screams "GO FOR IT" in the most positive ways. I'm looking to add a tongue to it as well. Stay tuned...this dog portrait is gonna be cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram