Signs, Signs, Everywhere There's Signs.....

Saturday, September 15, 2012

A few weeks ago I found myself driving straight into the heart of darkness. An early AM delivery to the Tampa Museum of Art required that I navigate the treacherous labyrinth of the RNC in Tampa. Streets were awkwardly blocked by cement barricades. All traffic was funneled into bumbling parades of confused locals and even more confused visitors. Threatening fences sprouted up at every turn and were manned by grim-looking police. It was a huge mess to say the least.

To make matters worse, I was on a tight deadline. My precious cargo had to be delivered at 8 on the nose. As a directionally-challenged citizen, I found this particular mission especially daunting. Fortunately my Irish stubbornness prevailed and I navigated the treacherous maze and made the delivery right on time. Getting out of the maelstrom was another matter entirely. It took me several twists, tumbles and turns to find my way to freedom.

Once loose and sailing coolly along the highway I promised myself a celebratory afternoon of coffee and loitering for a job well done. And a job well done it was! For 8 days I worked dawn til midnight sanding, buffing, painting, aging, crackling, distressing a series of twelve vintage signs. I think I went a little crazy toiling all by my lonesome in the studio. Fortunately I had the Adam Carolla, the Film Vault and Joe Rogan podcasts to keep me company. I definitely could not have done it without them. 

The good news is...mission accomplished! I'll let the pictures tell the story ;-) 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram