Cigar Magic

Wednesday, March 8, 2017


A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...OK...It was Tampa...and probably 2008...it just feels like eons ago today....I did some faux painting and murals for some great clients. The fun part was that the husband spoke Spanish only so interpreting his design ideas required some creative hand gestures and a whole lotta guessing. I actually enjoyed reading his satisfaction with our work by reading it on his lit-up face. He had a very expressive "thumbs up" as well. 

One of the areas I remember him being particularly fond of was his game room. It was replete with card tables, billiards, beer fridge and a humidor stocked with his signature favorite cigars. The problem was the walls were flat, beige and boring. We decided to spice things up...or at least I think that's what we were saying....and we agreed on a cigar-toned suede to add a warm, masculine flair to the room. 

Then...he pointed to this. The ugly ol' fuse boxes. 
Yawn! 

It took a little caffeination and inspiration but I came up with this solution. Unless I read my international cues incorrectly I'm supposing his beaming smile meant that he was happy with the fix. TaDa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram