How to Paint a Ragdoll Cat

Tuesday, March 14, 2017
This week one of my pet portrait commissions is from a California client. It's particularly challenging because the reference photos are a little hard to work with. I can't quite work, compositionally speaking, from the shots I have. Fortunately, with a little skill I can re imagine this girl in a more classic pose. I've been doing pet portraits here in the Tampa area for over a decade now. I've had to try this before. 

Another request the client had was for me to use more local, conservative color. If you've ever seen my work you'd know that's the opposite of what I normally do. Fortunately again, I have years of experience painting classically toned murals so I can apply the same technique here.

 So far so good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

@instagram